Compare small business insurance

Compare insurance policies that can cover your small business for less. The right public and employers' liability cover means you will not have to pay for claims out of your own pocket.

6 results found, sorted by affiliated products first. How we order our comparisons. Commission earned affects the table's sort order.
Best Newcomer: Insurance Choice Awards 2019
Superscript Business Insurance
Policies for
IT & Tech, Marketing, Consultants, Trades, Healthcare workers, Creatives & more
Cover options
Buildings, contents, professional indemnity, cyber, D&O, legal expenses & more
Liability options
Public liability up to £5,000,000 & employers' liability up to £10,000,000
Award-winning business insurance for today's risks (Best Newcomer at the Insurance Choice Awards 2019). Pay by month. Adjust your cover as you grow. No admin fees. Immediate access to your policy docs. This is business insurance on your terms.
Available online
Permanent UK Resident
Premierline Business Insurance
Policies for
Tradesman & contractors, Shops & retailers, Offices, Surgeries & more
Cover options
Buildings, contents, business interruption, professional indemnity & more
Liability options
Public & employers' liability up to £10,000,000
Premierline works with some of the UK’s most trusted insurers. Compare and buy insurance online or alternatively, speak to an advisor over the phone for insurance recommendations based on your individual circumstances and requirements.
This is an insurance broker.
Available online
Permanent UK Resident
Prefer to Call? Contact us now on 0800 035 9662
Bionic Business Insurance
Policies for
Shops, Restaurants, Pubs and Hotels, Property Owners, Tradesmen and Construction, Offices & more
Cover options
Buildings, contents, legal expenses, business interruption, goods in transit and commercial property
Liability options
Public & employers' liability up to £10,000,000
Bionic works closely with a range of insurers to find cover that meets the unique needs of your business. We’ll help you understand exactly what your policy includes and translate it into simple language. No hidden extras. No jargon. Just quality cover.
Available online
Permanent UK Resident

Compare another type of business insurance

How to find the best insurance for your small business

Getting the right insurance policy for your small business will depend on:

  • The type of business you run

  • The size of your business

  • Whether you have any employees

  • The cover you need for your business premises

Think about what your business needs, and then get as many online quotes as possible to find the best policy.

Here is more about how business insurance works

What cover do you need?

The main types of insurance your business may need include:

  • Public liability: This covers you for third party injury, illness and death, and property damage caused by your work. For example, a customer slips over and is injured at your business premises.

  • Product liability: This covers you if products you sell injure your customers, or make them ill. For example, if you sell food and a customer gets food poisoning.

  • Employers' liability: This is a legal requirement if you employ paid or voluntary staff. It covers claims for injury, illness or death of your employees at work.

  • Professional indemnity: This covers claims made against you by clients who have lost money because of work you did for them. For example, if you give incorrect advice or make a mistake in a document.

  • Buildings and contents: This provides cover for your business premises, and its contents. This could include stock, equipment, tools and machinery.

If you are unsure what cover your business needs, speak to a broker who can advise you what type of cover is best.

Here is how to get the right insurance for your small business

How to keep costs down

Compare policies online to get the right cover at the cheapest price. This helps you haggle with insurers, as they may be willing to beat the prices of their competitors.

You can also choose a higher voluntary excess, which could save you money on your insurance premium. But make sure you can afford to pay your excess if you make a claim.

If you can afford to pay in full, this could save you money because most insurers charge interest on monthly direct debits.

Small business insurance FAQs

Explore business insurance guides

See more guides

What is business insurance?

Business insurance is essential if you run your own company, and you could be breaking the law without it. Here is how business insurance works.

Read More

How to insure your business

Whether you are a sole trader or you own a large company, business insurance is a must. Here is why you need insurance and how to get the right cover.

Read More

How to claim on your business insurance

If your business suffers a financial loss, your insurance could cover the cost. Here is what you need to know about making a claim on your business insurance.

Read More

Why compare business insurance with

By comparing business insurance you could save money on the policy. The best value business insurance will offer you the cover you need, at a price you can afford. Choose a cover plan from the best UK insurance companies and see the online discounts they offer.

Proud to be award winning

We have always aimed to provide the best possible services to bridge the gap between our users and our clients. Over the years, we have been thrilled to be recognised by various prestigious bodies and organisations for those efforts.