Whether you're using it for a foreign delivery or to visit overseas clients, making sure you have the right European van cover is crucial if you will be driving on the continent.

So where do you find van insurance European cover policies?

Shopping for European van cover

When you are shopping around for personal van insurance Europe cover is essential if you are intending to take your commercial vehicle to another EU country.

Many traditional van insurance policies don't cover you outside the UK so your insurance would be invalid if you were to drive on the continent. This could leave you with a huge bill in the event of an accident.

When you shop around for European van cover ask these questions:

  • Which countries does the Europe van insurance cover? Does the policy cover you in the nations you are driving to?

  • How many days are you covered abroad for?

  • Is European breakdown cover included in the policy if you were to suffer mechanical problems when you are abroad?

  • Does the policy include a replacement vehicle if your van was off the road due to theft or an accident?

  • Are you covered with comprehensive van insurance or third party van cover while overseas?

Make sure you compare European van insurance quotes

Even though European van cover is a specialist area, there are dozens of policies available. So, when shopping around for cover it's vital that you undertake a Euro van insurance comparison in order to get the right policy at the right price.

When comparing European insurance quotes for your van you should make sure you look at the other policy features too so that you have the cover you need while you're in the UK too.

Some tips for finding the cheapest European van cover include:

  • Avoid paying by direct debit as insurers if you'll be charged more for this

  • Increase your voluntary excess - this will reduce your premium but it does mean you will have to pay more if you make a claim

  • Utilise your full no claims bonus and consider protecting it

  • Compare the cost of both third party and comprehensive insurance. The former may be cheaper but you won't be covered for damage to your own van in an accident that is your fault

About our van insurance comparison


Who do we include in this comparison?


We include European van insurance policies available from our panel of insurers and brokers. They are all regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Here is more information about how our website works.


How do we make money from our comparison?


We have commercial agreements with some of the companies in this comparison and get paid commission if we help you take out one of their products or services. Find out more here.

You do not pay any extra and the deal you get is not affected.