Cookers can be expensive to repair or replace if they break, and appliance insurance can help you cover the costs. Appliance insurance is also known as an extended warranty, and most policies cover:

  • Repairs for mechanical breakdown, e.g. the fan on your oven breaks

  • Parts, labour and call out charges

  • Accidental damage

  • Replacing your cooker if it cannot be fixed

Do you need it?

You should think about taking out cover if:

  • Your manufacturer's warranty has ended: Cooker insurance can cover your appliance when it is no longer under warranty. If your manufacturer's warranty is still in place, there is no need to take out separate cover.

  • Your oven is expensive: Compare the cost of an extended warranty to the cost of replacing your cooker. Some cookers can cost thousands of pounds to replace, so a warranty could be worth the money.

  • You own your home: If you are a homeowner, you will need to cover the cost of repairs if your cooker breaks down. If you rent, your landlord will be responsible so you will not need insurance.