Compare buildings insurance for landlords

These insurers offer buildings insurance for landlords so your properties are covered for risks like fire and flood damage. Compare them to find the right level of cover and excess that suits you best.

  • Apply and buy online in minutes
  • Compare quotes from trusted leading providers
  • Compare buildings insurance deals in the wider market

Compare buildings insurance for landlords from leading providers

You'll only find results from genuine companies. Our data experts check each company before we add them to our comparisons.

premierline direct 2021-goods in transit insurance
home protect 2021

How to compare buildings insurance quotes for landlords


Enter your details

Enter a few details like your address, property type, and any extra policies you want and you’ll get a building insurance quote.


Compare quotes

You’ll be able to see and compare the policies on offer from our preferred insurance providers.


Apply and save

Once you’ve chosen your policy and received a quote, simply pick the best insurance quote for you and apply.

Buildings insurance deals

10 results found, sorted by affiliated products first. How we order our comparisons. Commission earned affects the table's sort order.
Premierline Direct Landlord Insurance
Maximum cover
Buildings & contents: £20,000,000
Cover options
Landlord liability up to £10,000,000 & accidental damage
Minimum excess
Buildings & contents: £100
Premierline Direct Landlord Insurance
Premierline works with some of the UK’s most trusted insurers. Compare and buy insurance online or alternatively, speak to an advisor over the phone for insurance recommendations based on your individual circumstances and requirements.
This is an insurance broker.
Permanent UK Resident
Building Rated 5 Star by Defaqto
HomeProtect Landlord Insurance
Maximum cover
Buildings: £1,000,000, Contents: £30,000
Cover options
Accidental damage
Minimum excess
Buildings & contents: £250
HomeProtect Landlord Insurance
HomeProtect cover listed properties, properties undergoing renovations, non-standard construction, live-in landlords & lodgers, bad credit history & more. Defaqto 5 Star buildings insurance. Get a quote online in minutes, call to request for more coverage
Underwritten by AXA Insurance.
Permanent UK Resident
92% 5 Star Customer Rating – Independent Feefo Reviews
Compare My Insurance Landlord Insurance
Maximum cover
Buildings & contents: Unlimited
Cover options
Accidental damage
Minimum excess
Buildings & contents: £250
Compare My Insurance Landlord Insurance
As an Online Broker, they have access to the UKs biggest underwriters, the most competitive rates and INSTANT COVER. Landlord Insurance for; Occupied, Unoccupied and Blocks of Flats, UK coverage - ensuring you have a suitable policy, at the right price!
Permanent UK Resident

Compare another type of landlord insurance

How to find the right landlord buildings insurance

Insuring your buy to let property may be a condition of your mortgage, and getting the right cover could give you valuable protection if the worst happens.

Use this comparison to find a policy that offers the cover you need:

  • Give the correct rebuild value: Overestimating could mean you pay more than you need to, and underestimating could affect what you can claim. Use the Association of British Insurers (ABI) calculator to estimate the rebuild value of your property.

  • Check your tenants are covered: Some policies do not cover properties let to certain types of tenants, like asylum seekers. You can find out more about how your tenants may affect your cover here.

  • Get cover for non-standard buildings: If your property is listed, thatched, or has a flat roof, it may be more difficult to get buildings insurance. Speak to an insurance broker who can help you compare specialist cover for your property.

Here is how to choose the right landlord insurance

What does it cover?

Landlord buildings insurance covers damage caused by:

  • Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake and smoke

  • Water or oil leaks from pipes or heating systems

  • Subsidence, heave and landslip

  • Theft or attempted theft (excludes theft by tenants)

  • Malicious damage and vandalism (it may cost extra to cover damage by tenants)

  • Weather damage, including storms and floods

Here is what is covered by landlord buildings insurance

How to find the best price

You can use this comparison to get as many online quotes as possible, and choose the policy that gives you the right cover at the cheapest price.

Speak to insurers about choosing a higher excess for your buildings insurance, because this could give you a discount on your premium.

Here is more information about how to save money on your landlord insurance.

Landlord buildings insurance FAQs

About our landlord insurance comparison

Explore business insurance guides

See more guides

What is business insurance?

Business insurance is essential if you run your own company, and you could be breaking the law without it. Here is how business insurance works.

Read More

How to insure your business

Whether you are a sole trader or you own a large company, business insurance is a must. Here is why you need insurance and how to get the right cover.

Read More

How to claim on your business insurance

If your business suffers a financial loss, your insurance could cover the cost. Here is what you need to know about making a claim on your business insurance.

What you need to make a claim

Why get business insurance with

By getting business insurance you could save money on the policy. The best value business insurance will offer you the cover you need, at a price you can afford. Choose a cover plan from the best UK insurance companies and see the online discounts they offer.

Proud to be award winning

We have always aimed to provide the best possible services to bridge the gap between our users and our clients. Over the years, we have been thrilled to be recognised by various prestigious bodies and organisations for those efforts.

stevie award
WMA 2021 Logo-768x632
nba logo
logo dma
ecommerce awards

Last updated: 10 March, 2022