We use cookies so you have the best possible experience on our website. If you would like to know more, please read our Cookie Policy.

Close

Excellent4.5(73 ratings)

Read all reviews
Reviewed by: kirkhu

I only use a credit card for travel abroad so that I have a second method of payment should my everyday card f...

Read more

Does First Direct provide your credit card?

Tell us what you think of them because it will help others.

Compare First Direct Credit Cards

This comparison includes all credit cards for this company.

sorted by:

Most popular

  • Most popular
  • Longest balance transfer period
  • Longest purchases period
  • Lowest representative APR
First Direct Gold Credit Card
Balance transfers
16.9% p.a. variable with a 2.9% fee (£5 min.)
Purchases
0% for 17 months
Representative APR (variable)
16.9% APR
Available to existing 1st Account holders only.
Representative Example: The standard interest rate on purchases is 16.9% p.a. (variable), so if you borrow £1,200 the Representative APR will be 16.9% APR (variable).
First Direct Credit Card
Balance transfers
0% for 27 months with a 2.29% fee (£5 min.)
Purchases
18.9% p.a. variable
Representative APR (variable)
18.9% APR
Transfer a balance within 2 months of opening an account to get the 0% deal; otherwise the rate will be 18.9% p.a. variable with a 2.9% fee.
Available to existing 1st Account holders only.
Representative Example: The standard interest rate on purchases is 18.9% p.a. (variable), so if you borrow £1,200 the Representative APR will be 18.9% APR (variable).

First Direct credit card reviews

sorted by:

Most helpful

  • Most helpful
  • Latest
  • Highest rating
  • Lowest rating

Does First Direct provide your credit card?

Tell us what you think of them because it will help others.

09/12/14

Recommended

First direct credit card

I only use a credit card for travel abroad so that I have a second method of payment should my everyday card fail. So far it has proved useful abroad as sometimes an ordinary UK debit card has not been accepted. So it has saved me from the odd sticker situation. The card interest is fine with the age old proviso of make sure you pay the balance every month, obvious really.

4
Good
  • Customer service

  • Value for money

  • Flexibility & fairness

  • Product features

16/11/14

Recommended

Best bank for customer service.

I can't recommend First Direct enough, and their credit card has been just as easy to use as their current account. The internet banking interface is user friendly and clear allowing you to easy see your spending (grouped by date) and move money between accounts. Customer services (located in Northern England) is staffed by intelligent, helpful, friendly people who will always take time to chat, and you can generally get straight through to somebody in a maximum of 5 rings! The only very (very) minor problem is that the gold quickly rubs off the numbers on the black card, making them difficult to read.

5
Excellent
  • Customer service

  • Value for money

  • Flexibility & fairness

  • Product features

15/10/14

Recommended

Excellent customer service

I found First Direct to be very polite, friendly, quick and easy to apply for their products/services. Calls were answered quickly, and always by a person in a UK call centre. They were very quick and helpful in responding to questions and/or queries that I had. I also found their products to be competitive. I would definitely recommend them as a company.

customer service

5
Excellent
  • Customer service

  • Value for money

  • Flexibility & fairness

  • Product features

15/11/14

Recommended

Feel safe using this card

I applied for this credit card as I am a First Direct current account holder, I received it with no hassle. The security is excellent as the will ring and check with you if they see any transaction which is unusual or suspicious. It is very easy to check your statement by logging onto your First direct account. The only thing against the card is there are not any offers on the interest rate.

security

interest rate

5
Excellent
  • Customer service

  • Value for money

  • Flexibility & fairness

  • Product features

21/11/14

Recommended

Awesomeness - I know that isn't a word as yet

FD - why on why does anyone bank with anyone else? When year after year FD sweep the awards ceremony. I love them and have never had an issue with them and have had to request them to take action against goods and services which were as described. 95% of the time I do everything on line (safely I might add due to their extra diligence), the other 5% when I need to speak to someone they are effective and efficient. Just simply the best

If only FD made beer like that brand on the telly

5
Excellent
  • Customer service

  • Value for money

  • Flexibility & fairness

  • Product features

Does First Direct provide your credit card?

Tell us what you think of them because it will help others.